Albemarle Crematorium & Worry Free Cremation™
Albemarle Crematorium, a subsidiary of Twiford Funeral Homes, is the first crematory in the Albemarle seven county regions opening in 1990. Our on-site crematory, along with our 18-person refrigeration unit mean that your deceased family member never leaves the custody of our firm from the time of removal (from place of death) until after the cremation process has been completed. Unlike other crematories where your loved one may be left unattended in a garage-type setting for several days while waiting for all the required paperwork to be completed before the cremation process can take place, you have the assurance and peace of mind knowing where your loved one is at all times. Also, by Twiford Funeral Homes having our crematory on-site, it enables us to control the cremation process from start to finish, ensuring complete security and you knowing all work is completed in a timely manner. All of our crematory operators at Albemarle Crematorium are N.C. State Certified, having been professionally trained and examined, ensuring each cremation is preformed professionally and with the utmost care. Unlike our competitors, we encourage our families to view the beginning of the cremation process in our well-appointed crematory viewing room. All of these details ensure our families the peace of mind knowing their loved one is always in our professional care and custody.
Having our own crematory on-site at our funeral home, instead of several miles away, we are able to offer a funeral service with immediate access to the crematory. Families are able to witness the beginning of the cremation process immediately following the funeral service. Choosing cremation neither eliminates nor requires having a funeral service. Cremation is a form of disposition, the same as an earth burial; therefore, traditional or non-traditional funeral services may be planned before or following the cremation process. Whether selecting a funeral service with cremation or earth burial, remember, you are giving respect and honor to a life lived.
Entrance and Lobby
Crematory Operating Room
The Twiford family has adopted our area’s exclusive Worry-Free Cremation Process to ensure the highest level of respect and care for your loved one. This ten-step process has been created to maximize our level of service to you and to give you a simple understanding of the cremation process.
1. Our “personal identification band” is placed on your loved one at the time they are transferred to our secure care facility. This band will stay with them throughout the process and will ultimately be cremated with them.
2. Your loved one is registered in our facility logbook with date, time of arrival, and the funeral director’s name. Any personal items are recorded as well.
3. After funeral arrangements have been made, your loved one will be placed in their personal cremation container within our secure care facility. At this time, the container will be clearly marked and labeled for identification.
4. If you wish, you may tour our state of the art cremation facility, Albemarle Crematorium. We offer family viewing rooms and a courtesy on-site funeral director to answer any questions and help you decide if witnessing the cremation process is right for you.
5. One of our managers will review all paperwork to insure authorization has been received. The manager and arranging director must sign the crematory checklist to authorize transportation to the crematory.
6. Your loved one is transferred to the crematory by one of our staff members in a company vehicle under our professional care.
At The Crematory
7. Upon arrival at the crematory, one of our licensed crematory operators will review all paperwork. Your loved one is then logged into the crematory facility.
8. At this point, your loved one will be assigned a unique identification number, which will be written on an identification tag. This is used to track every phase of the cremation and will accompany your loved one throughout the process.
Steps Following Cremation
9. After the cremation is complete, your loved one’s cremated remains will be returned to our funeral home in a temporary urn, along with the identification tag and cremation certificate. Once all information has been verified, your loved one’s cremated remains will be placed in their permanent urn or keepsake.
10. Our staff will notify you to schedule a time for receipt of cremated remains.
Albemarle Crematorium & Twiford Funeral Homes continue to be the right choices for having a dignified meaningful experience for you and your loved one. Honesty and integrity have been the hallmark of our family-owned firm since its beginning in 1933.